This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Operational Support & Analysis. In addition, this certification contributes 4 credits towards the "ITIL Expert" certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This official ITIL capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL processes needed to create a stable IT infrastructure that business can rely on. It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- How OSA processes and functions bring value to the business in supporting the service lifecycle
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Incident Management: Focuses on restoring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Problem Management: Focuses on the prevention of Problems and the elimination of recurring Incidents
- Request Fulfillment: Manages the fulfillment of requests for services, with a goal of providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity
- Event Management: Focuses on any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Access Management: Grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- In-depth review of these critical related functions:
- IT Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Application Management
- Service Desk
- The impact operational support and analysis has on operational activities and other processes such as Change, Configuration, Release & Deployment, Capacity, Availability, Knowledge, Financial, and IT Service Continuity Management
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundations Certificate in IT Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals involved in the OSA processes and functions identified above, and who require a deep understanding of how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals working within an organisation that has adopted ITIL and who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program
You must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Operational Support & Analysis. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- 4 ITIL credits
- You will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now