ITIL® 4 Strategist - Direct, Plan & Improve Course & Examination
This module provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a 'learning and improving' IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction. The module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organisation's advantage. It will provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with necessary agility.
The ITIL Strategist – Direct, Plan, and Improve (DPI) course is “shared” course between two designation streams – the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) and the ITIL Strategic Leader (SL).
This course provides IT practitioners with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The DPI course focuses on these key ITIL 4 practices:
- Continual improvement
- Measurement and reporting
- Portfolio management
- Organisational change management
- Risk management
Another major component of the course includes learning about the impact of Agile and Lean ways of working and how these methodologies can be leveraged to your organisation’s advantage. The course provides practical and strategic elements for planning and delivering continual improvements with necessary agility.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at IT leaders and managers of all levels of the organisation who are seeking to obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation or the ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designation, and/or who are involved in shaping IT direction and strategy.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course, click here.
Exam & Certification
- Exam is administered by PeopleCert.
- The exam is a 90-minute, 40-question, multiple-choice exam scheduled on the last day of the course and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online.
- A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
Course Material & Inclusions
This course comes with access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks/slideshow for students to download, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Official AXELOS ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Comprehensive study guide to assist with exam preparation
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $75), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve online exam voucher plus a complimentary exam re-sit is included if you miss out on passing your examination the first time. (exam re-sit included for our virtual instructor-led classes only)
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
- Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan, and Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed/planned and how to use key principles and methods of planning:
- Learn how to cascade goals and requirements
- Learn how to define effective policies, controls, and guidelines
- Learn how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
- Understand the role of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) and how to integrate with the service value system (SVS)
- Discover how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements:
- Learn how to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system
- Learn how to identify assessment objectives, outputs requirements, and criteria as well as how to select an appropriate assessment for a particular situation
- Learn how to define and prioritise desired outcomes
- Learn how to build, justify, and sell a business case
- Learn how to conduct improvement reviews and how to embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS
- Discover how to use the key principles of organisational change management to:
- Identify and manage different stakeholder types
- Learn how to establish effective channels for feedback and communication
- Learn how to develop effective interfaces across the value chain
- Understand how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in directing, planning, and improvement
- Learn how to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices:
- Understand the differences between value streams and practices while learning how to select and use the appropriate techniques to direct, plan, and improve them
You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- GOVN: Enterprise IT governance
- ITSP: Strategic Planning
- OCDV: Organisational capability development
- MEAS: Measurement
- BENM: Benefits Management
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
Nov 30Mon 9:00 AM AEDT - Wed 4:30 PM AEDT Online
- $2,295.00 excl. GST
Buy NowITIL 4 Strategist - Direct, Plan & Improve Course & ExaminationComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- $2,295.00 excl. GST