ITIL® 4 Specialist - Create, Deliver & Support Course & Examination
This ITIL module covers the 'core' service management activities and expands the current scope of ITIL to cover the 'creation' of services. This module focuses on the integration of different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services whilst also covering supporting practices, methods and tools. This module will also cover service performance and will give practitioners an understanding of service quality and improvement methods.
The ITIL Specialist – Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) is one of five courses needed to achieve ITIL 4’s Managing Professional (MP) designation.
This course covers the core service management activities and expands beyond the current scope of ITIL v3 to cover the ‘creation’ of services.
The course agenda covers the following ITIL 4 practices to help you understand the major factors that contribute to the successful creation, delivery, and support across ITIL’s new service value system (SVS) business model:
- Service design price and orchestration
- Software development and management
- Deployment management
- Release management
- Service validation and testing
- Change enablement
- Ensuring stakeholder satisfaction
- Service Desk
- Incident management – detection and resolution
- Problem management
- Knowledge management
- Service level management
- Monitoring and event management
Who should attend
This course is aimed at IT service management practitioners who are seeking to obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation, and/or responsible for the operation of IT-enabled and digital services and for end-to-end support and delivery.
- Service Desk Directors/Managers;
- IT Infrastructure & Support Directors/Managers;
- Problem, Change, and Release Managers;
- DevOps Directors/Managers;
- Continual Improvement Program/Project Directors/Managers;
- Senior Service & Support Analysts;
- Process/Practice Owners;
- Service Level Management Directors/Managers.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation certification course, click here.
Exam & Certification
- The exam is administered by PeopleCert.
- The exam is a 90-minute, 40-question, multiple-choice exam scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online.
- A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
Course Material & Inclusions
This course comes with access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks/slideshow for students to download, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Official AXELOS ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Comprehensive study guide to assist with exam preparation
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $75), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support online exam voucher plus a complimentary exam re-sit is included if you miss out on passing your examination the first time. (exam re-sit included for our virtual instructor-led courses only)
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services:
- Learn the concepts and challenges that relate to organisational structure, team capabilities, roles, and culture across the SVS
- Understand the value of positive communications
- Understand the planning and management of resources in the SVS
- Understand the value and use of IT across the SVS
- Discover how relevant ITIL practices contribute to creation, delivery, and support across the SVS and value streams:
- Learn how to design, develop, and transition a value stream using ITIL practices
- Learn how to better provide user support using ITIL practices
- Learn how to create, deliver, and support services:
- Discover how to prioritize, structure, and coordinate work and activities
- Understand buy versus build considerations, sourcing options, and service integration management (SIAM)
You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- METL: Methods and tools
- CIPM: Change implementation planning and management
- ITMG: IT Management
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
Buy NowITIL® 4 Specialist - Create, Deliver & Support Course & ExaminationComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- $2,295.00 excl. GST