This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Operation. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This comprehensive official ITIL lifecycle certification course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance on the service delivery and support phase within ITIL’s service lifecycle model, viewed as the “factory” of IT.
Service Operation staff should have in place processes and support tools that provide an end-to-end view of Service Operation and delivery, rather than separate components such as hardware, software applications and networks. This overall view facilitates the detection of any threats or failures to service quality, and must be extended to encompass external aspects of service provision, including, where necessary, shared or interfacing processes and tools.
- Review of Service Operation processes and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Review of core Service Operation activities, including:
- Monitoring and Control
- Mainframe Management
- Server Management and Support
- Network Management
- Database Management
- Desktop Support
- Internet/Web Management
- Facilities and Datacenter Management
- Interaction of Service Operation processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Mapping of Service Operation functions to roles, responsibilities and activities
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Operations
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in day-to-day IT operations.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL V3 or 2011 edition Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Operation. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now