This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Design. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This comprehensive official ITIL Lifecycle certification course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance regarding the management principles and core concepts required to design new or modify existing IT services. The ITIL Service Design publication focuses on the holistic design requirements related to people, process, technology and governance needed to convert strategic objectives into value focused IT service portfolios.
The scope of Service Design is not limited to new services. It includes the changes and improvements necessary to increase or maintain value to customers over the lifecycle of services, the continuity of services, achievement of service levels, and conformance to standards and regulations. It guides organisations on how to develop design capabilities for service management.
- The relationship between business value and service design
- The principles of balanced service design (functionality, resources, schedule)
- How to identify meaningful service requirements
- The relationship between service, application, infrastructure and data architectures
- The key roles and organisational capabilities of service design
- The relationship of design constraints to service utility and warranty
- The advantages and disadvantages of various strategic sourcing and delivery models (insourcing, outsourcing, co-sourcing, etc.)
- Review of Service Design processes, and their associated policies, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Interaction of Service Design processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Design
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the design of IT services.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL V3 or 2011 edition Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Design. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course (if purchased). It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now