ITIL® 4 Leader – Digital & IT Strategy Course & Examination
This module will focus on the alignment of digital business strategy with IT strategy. The module also covers how disruption from new technologies are impacting organisations in every industry and how business leaders are responding. The pace of evolution in the digital world has never been so fast and organisations need to be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing environment if they want to keep providing value to their customers while remaining competitive in the marketplace.
The IT and Digital Strategy module adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to a strategic level among business leaders and aspiring leaders.
The module will help IT leaders and aspiring leaders build and implement effective IT and digital strategy that can tackle digital disruption and drive success. With the speed at which digital technologies are evolving, organisations have had to accelerate the adoption of a flexible, digital transformation strategy that includes a holistic approach spanning across the enterprise.
The unavoidable interaction between people, digital technologies, and physical assets has created an increasingly fast-paced and complex environment that requires organisations to be more agile, better equipped to adapt what they do, and ready to adopt new ways of working to remain competitive.
For leaders, the development of a digital transformation strategy comes with its own distinct set of challenges – from both a technical and cultural perspective.
This course is ideal for IT leaders and aspiring leaders who want to develop the essential skills required to overcome digital disruption from new technologies. The all-new course structure is taught through interactive case studies and practical hands-on exercises. This ensures participants will learn a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges as well as how to get the most value from their digital property.
The ITIL 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy course is one of two modules required to obtain the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader (SL) designation. This course adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to a strategic level among business leaders and aspiring leaders. The other two courses needed for the SL designation are the ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve certification course and the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification course (a prerequisite for the SL modules).
The course agenda covers the following ITIL 4 practices to help you understand the major factors that contribute to the successful ITIL 4 Strategic Leader: Digital & IT Strategy:
- Architecture Management
- Continual Improvement
- Knowledge Management
- Measurement and Reporting Management
- Organisational Change Management
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Service Financial Management
- Strategy Management
- Workforce and Talent Management
- Demonstrate the use of ITIL guiding principles in digital and IT strategy decisions and activities
- Relate the concepts of digital and IT strategy, the service value system (SVS), and the service value chain, as well as explain how they work together to create value in markets that are being transformed by digital and information technology
You will also gain a clear understanding of:
- Why organisations need to change the way they do business in markets disrupted by digital and information technology, and relate this to the concepts of strategy they will need to master as they make these changes
- How an organisation uses their digital and IT strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- The strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence
- The risks and opportunities of digital and IT strategy
- The steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a digital and IT strategy
- How to implement a digital and IT strategy
Who should attend
This course is for IT and business directors, heads of departments, aspiring business leaders, and other business professionals across the organisation who are looking for guidance that will help them craft a digital vision, shape an IT and business strategy, and drive organisational change.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation certification course, click here.
It is also highly recommended you have a minimum of 3 years IT management experience. This is a strategy course with a lot of business (MBA level) content so having management or business experience is highly recommended to ensure you get the most out of the course and content.
Exam & Certification
- ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy includes four case study assignments that are graded in-session and a multiple-choice exam taken subsequent to the training course.
- Candidates must pass all the case study assignments to take the exam. This will be confirmed to candidates by the trainers before the end of the training.
- Candidates who fail to complete the case study assignments in-session may be given an additional individual written assignment that is based on the same case study.
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
Course Material & Inclusions
This course comes with access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks/slideshow for students to download, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Official AXELOS ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Comprehensive study guide to assist with exam preparation
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $75), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
A complimentary ITIL 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy exam re-sit is included if you miss out on passing your examination the first time.
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- GOVN: Enterprise IT Governance
- ITSP: Strategic Planning
- STPL: Enterprise and Business Architecture
- OCDV: Organisational Capability Development
- ORDI: Organisation Design and Implementation
- RLMT: Relationship Management
- BURM: Business Risk Management
- ITMG: IT Management
- POMG: Portfolio Management
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
Dec 14Mon 9:00 AM AEDT - Wed 4:30 PM AEDT Online
- $2,495.00 excl. GST
Mar 22Mon 9:00 AM AEDT - Wed 4:30 PM AEDT Online
- $2,495.00 excl. GST
Jun 28Mon 9:00 AM AEST - Wed 4:30 PM AEST Online
- $2,495.00 excl. GST