This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Offerings & Agreements. In addition, this certification contributes 4 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This official ITIL capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL processes needed to develop service offerings and agreements appropriate to an organisation.
It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Value to the business of the Service Operation & Agreements (SOA) processes and their activities
- In-depth review of the key processes needed to support service offerings and agreements, and their associated activities, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Strategy Management for IT Services: The process that establishes strategies for services upon which the other SOA processes depend
- Business Relationship Management: Ensures the customer’s requirements are correctly identified
- Financial Management: A strategic process that enables IT to generate service-based costing that, combined with perceived value for the service, results in a real, business-based price
- Demand Management: Understands demand for services and enables appropriate service strategies
- Service Portfolio Management: Manages the service portfolio which contains information about IT services from concept through implementation and production to retirement
- Service Level Management: Sets up Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and ensures that all SLAs have an underpinning support structure in place
- Service Catalog Management: Provides the single source of information about agreed services and makes sure this information is communicated
- Demand Management: Identifies patterns of business activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- Supplier Management: Ensures that suppliers support IT service targets and meet business expectations
- The reliance upon a good business case and a good understanding of ROI
- Technology and implementation considerations for the key processes
- Important considerations for continual improvement of these processes
Service Level Managers, IT Supplier Managers, Business Relationship Managers, Financial Managers, and any IT professional involved with the processes described above.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Offerings & Agreements. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- 4 ITIL credits
- You will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now