ITIL® Capability: Release Control & Validation
This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Release, Control & Validation. In addition, this certification contributes 4 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This official ITIL capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL processes needed to properly plan for service transitions; assess changes; build, test and deploy releases; validate changes before they go into production; evaluate the changes once they are in operation to ensure that the benefits have been realized while minimizing adverse effects; and transfer the right level of knowledge to the right people, through effective and efficient Configuration and Knowledge Management systems.
It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL concepts, organizational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Change Management
- Service Validation & Testing
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Change Management: Enables successful service transition
- Service Validation & Testing: Ensures the integrity and quality of the transition
- Release & Deployment Management: Ensures the proper building, testing and deploying of a release
- Service Asset & Configuration Management: Monitors the state of the transition
- Request Fulfillment: Ensures the effective and expedient fulfillment of service requests and provides a standard for evaluation
- Evaluation: Reviews whether the performance and value of a service is acceptable
- Knowledge Management: Enhances ongoing management decision support and service delivery capability
- Technology and implementation considerations for these processes
Change Managers, Release and Deployment Managers, Configuration Managers, Network Managers, Infrastructure Managers, IT Managers and Directors, and any IT professional involved with the processes described above.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Release, Control & Validation.A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- 4 ITIL credits
- You will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017
Who should do ITIL Certification
June 6, 2017