DevOps Essentials Course & Examination
This certification course, designed by Pink Elephant, provides a new and unique perspective of DevOps through the ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation. This is the most comprehensive, content-rich DevOps certification course in the industry! And, it includes a DevOps assessment.
What is the ‘Full Stack’ approach?
As a major game changer in IT, the DevOps revolution has brought about new practices in the Application Development and Systems Operations areas that can help your organisation deliver IT services better, faster and cheaper. This course identifies the three critical success factors that make up the ‘Full Stack’ approach, including:
- Changing culture
- Improving practices and processes
- Leveraging automation technologies
When you return to work, you will know how to be an effective, contributing member of a DevOps culture. Understanding how simply working more collaboratively amongst key teams and leveraging automation solutions will result in better business results for your customers.
Upon successful completion of DevOps Essentials, you will be able to articulate the benefits of implementing the Full Stack of DevOps culture, practices and automation at your organisation to enable improved quality, higher speed and a reduction in costs, by meeting a progressive set of expected outcomes.
- Describe what DevOps is, and what it isn’t
- Explain the approach of thinking about the critical success factors of DevOps as a ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation to determine what it means for your organisation
- Explain the need for DevOps as a solution to problems facing organisations today
- Summarise how the need for more value from IT drives the business towards DevOps
- Summarise the cultural, structural and technological barriers that IT faces when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed and cost and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today’s organisations
- Explain the basic concept, principles and scope of DevOps, including ‘The Three Ways’ and accelerators such as Lean and Agile that supported the evolution and emergence of the movement
- Summarise the key cultural values, Service Management, Project Management and Software Development processes and technologies that enable DevOps
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms culture and better organises people to solve the cultural and structural challenges facing IT
- Explain the way that DevOps structures teams and people within an organisation in support of its culture, processes and technologies
- Describe how DevOps practices transform processes, utilising Lean, Agile and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms and organises technology through automation and new tools to solve the technological problems facing IT
All attendees are given access to Pink Elephant’s learning portal, which contains numerous value-added documents, e-files and enriching learning materials. You will have access to the online material for 6 months to work through and prepare for the examination.
If you get stuck or need something clarified, you can contact our instructor via email.
Exam, Certification & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the DevOps Essentials certificate, granted by Professional Designations:
- Exam is 1 hour; multiple-choice; closed book
- You will receive an exam voucher for the web-based exam, to be scheduled after the course
- 18 PDUs are awarded
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This essentials level course is designed for anyone in IT Service Management or Software Development seeking to understand how a DevOps approach can benefit their organisation.
- Online activityDevOps Essentials Course & ExaminationComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- $895.00 incl. GST
SIAM Advisory and Assistance
April 13, 2018
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017