Certified Business Relationship Manager
The CBRM® Practitioner Qualification is intended for the intermediate-to-advanced Business Relationship Manager, as it focuses on advancing to the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager. As such, the primary focus is on strategic business relationship management, leveraged to optimise business value to the enterprise.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding and competence to perform the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager.
BRMP Course Re-Cap
- Explain the House of BRM, recalling the BRM Core Disciplines, competencies required for the BRM role, and necessary conditions for protecting the integrity of the role
- Recall the key BRM concepts, processes, and techniques
- Understand the Business Relationship Maturity Model and the Five Relationship Maturity Levels
CBRM® Learning Objectives
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise
- Understand how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster a culture that excels at business value results
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks
- Be able to assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time
- Be able to assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement
- Be able to apply cross-organisation communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organisation
- Be able to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy
- Promote and catalyze business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence
- Be able to use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to define, realise and optimise the value of Provider capabilities and assets
- Apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business
- Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM role and capability
- Influence the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value. Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Contribute to Business Transition Management in order to foster organisational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities
- Certified Business Relationship Manager® (CBRM®) is an intermediate-level Practitioner certification. While no prior/minimum professional experience is required to pursue the CBRM designation, to enroll in the CBRM course and sit on the corresponding certification exam, CBRM certification candidates must demonstrate (e.g. by submitting a copy of their official BRMP certificate) that they have earned BRMP®certification.
- CBRM certification candidates must agree to the CBRM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Breaches to the CBRM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct may be considered as a valid cause for certification revocation
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares candidates for the examination leading to the Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®). A 2.5 hour exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of 4 questions worth 20 points each, giving a total of 80 points. The passing mark of 50% is required to receive your certificate. To prepare candidates for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course.
- The CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge can be used as a reference during the exam.
- Graduates of the course qualify for a designation, CBRM
Material for this course will only be provided as downloadable soft copy files that can be viewed on a variety of devices. Attendees may print a hard copy of the files in whatever format best meets their needs.
The official “CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge” is required for this course. This guide will be provided with the course materials.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017
Who should do ITIL Certification
June 6, 2017