Lean IT Foundation
Lean IT is all about understanding how to assess business processes to identify and eliminate waste. Already many IT professionals from all levels — operational, tactical and strategic — have taken the certification course and are undertaking value-added and cost cutting process improvement activities. How about you? Are you ready to learn more about what it really means to take control of processes — any process?
JOIN THE LEAN IT REVOLUTION!
We strongly believe that “Lean Thinking” needs to be a part of EVERY IT professional’s toolkit.
Understanding Lean IT Principles & Objectives
Lean IT Certification Program
The Lean IT Foundation level course is the first in the new Lean IT certification program defined by the Lean IT Association. It is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within this certification scheme.
After acquiring Foundation Level Certification, you can gain a deeper, more practical level of knowledge about Lean IT and Six Sigma by taking the other courses, also offered by The ITSM HUB.
Lean IT Course Overview
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Lean IT Foundation Certificate.
Based on the core principles of Lean, the two-day Foundation level certification course will help IT departments become more business-value oriented, removing waste, inflexibility and variability. The principles of Lean IT are applicable to all IT operations regardless of industry or sector. Any organisation effectively applying Lean IT will notice increased user and customer satisfaction, reductions of IT costs, increased productivity, and ability to manage demand more efficiently.
Lean IT is built on the proven Lean and Six Sigma practices developed in manufacturing organisations around the world, and the new courses have been tailored for IT processes (including ITIL®, COBIT®, etc). Regardless of which framework or standard your IT organisation has chosen, the central focus of Lean IT is about learning how to assess a process to eliminate waste, where waste is defined as something that adds no value to a product, service, or output.
- Understand the origin and development of the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies, and key elements
- Understand and be able to identify the concept of waste
- Learn about and how to apply Lean analytical tools
- What is and how to apply A3 Thinking
- What is and how to apply the cycle of continuous improvement: Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Go Look and See (fact not emotion)
- Value Stream Mapping
- What is the concept of “Kaizen” (System, Process, Activity)
- Standardize Work Practices
- What is and how to apply 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
- Visual Workplace (eliminate visual and mental noise)
- Be able to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your organisation
- Be able to initiate, document, and implement process improvements
- Reduce costs by eliminating waste and inefficiencies in your IT infrastructure and processes
- Increase productivity through improved resource management
- Increase user and customer satisfaction by focusing on delivering value
This course is designed for EVERYONE! At The ITSM HUB we strongly believe that “Lean Thinking” needs to be a part of EVERY IT professional’s toolkit. Already, many roles from service desk analysts through to process owners, team leads and supervisors, department managers and also including CIOs, have taken this course and benefited greatly from a deeper understanding of how to assess business processes to identify and eliminate waste.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares you for the examination leading to the Lean IT Foundation Certificate. For traditional, live classroom and onsite presentations the exam is scheduled during the last day of class. It is a 60 minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam. For virtual online instructor-led courses you will receive an exam voucher to take the exam online any time after you have completed the course. The Lean IT Foundation examination is administered and marked by APMG. You must attain a passing mark of 65% to attain your certificate
- You will attain 0.5 credits of the 6 complementary credits allowable towards the ITIL Expert certification.
- You will attain 15 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017
Who should do ITIL Certification
June 6, 2017
How ITIL Certification helps in your career
May 31, 2017
DevOps and Legacy Systems
November 30, 2016
Four Ways to Get Started With Lean IT
October 31, 2016
Lean IT Value Streams: Making IT Better, Faster, Cheaper
October 10, 2016