This course prepares you for the exam leading to the PRINCE2® Foundation Certification. This three-day introductory course is for those seeking to become effective project contributors and for those who wish to obtain the PRINCE2 Foundation certification.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based, scalable approach for effective project management. PRINCE2's teachings and certifications provide you with knowledge needed to contribute successfully to your organisation's projects. Overall, the guidance will give you and your team common project processes, systems, procedures and language. You benefit from stronger communication channels between the project team, project management and the rest of the organisation, while avoiding errors, saving time and money and, most important, delivering successful project outcomes!
PRINCE2 is widely used across the world and is gaining popularity in Australia as a complement to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) championed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
PRINCE2's unique features include:
- The definition of seven key processes, themes and roles for project functions
- Theories for assessing project management maturity
- A focus on business justification and ongoing validation of processes
You will leave the course with knowledge of:
- An understanding of the six aspects of project performance as they relate to project management
- The definition and five characteristics of a project
- The definition of the four integrated elements of principles, themes, processes and project environment
- An understanding of the terms and concepts relating to the overview and principles of PRINCE2
- An understanding of how to tailor PRINCE2 to a project environment
- An understanding of the customer/supplier context of a PRINCE2 project
- An understanding of how a business case relates to PRINCE2 principles, including:
- The composition of a business case
- The purpose of the business case and how it supports business justification
- The difference between an output, an outcome and a benefit
- The purpose of a business case and benefits review
- An understanding of the difference between project stakeholders and decision makers
- An understanding of project communication management strategy
- An understanding of the following themes, including how they relate to project management principles, how they are applied throughout the project lifecycle and the roles and responsibilities involved:
- An understanding of project processes including how to apply them and how to tailor them within a project environment; specifically:
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
This course is applicable to anyone who is leading a project management initiative, or is interested in becoming an effective project contributor.
There are no pre-requisites for the PRINCE2 Foundation course however there will be pre-course work and homework assignments during the course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate. A 60-minute closed book exam occurs at the end of the course. The exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions. A passing mark of 55% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 21 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017
Who should do ITIL Certification
June 6, 2017