ITIL® Lifecycle: Service Transition
This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Transition. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This class will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance on ensuring that the introduction, deployment, transfer and decommissioning of new or changed services is consistently well managed.
Successful Service Transition depends on an effective understanding and application of Change Management, quality assurance and risk management, as well as effective program and project management. This makes it possible, at every stage through Service Transition to plan, monitor and confirm progress against current business requirements, not just for one service but across all services in transition. Service Transition does not end abruptly when a new or changed service goes live; rather, it works with Service Operation to deliver early life support.
- Review of Service Transition processes and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Transition Planning and Support
- Knowledge Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Interaction of Service Transition processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Managing communication and commitment
- Managing organisational and stakeholder change
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Transition
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the transition of IT services.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL V3 or 2011 edition Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Transition. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017
Who should do ITIL Certification
June 6, 2017