ITIL® Lifecycle: Service Strategy
This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Strategy. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This comprehensive official ITIL Lifecycle certification course will provide you with the knowledge and management principles required to formulate IT service strategy and the organisational capability to provide the vision and forward direction for Service Management. Attend this course to understand a practical approach to the processes and functions required to move an IT organisation from a focus on technology to a strategic approach to managing the Service Portfolio and the ITIL processes necessary to deliver value to the business.
- Understand and apply the following core Service Strategy principles:
- Dynamics and forces impacting IT management
- Defining services and how services can deliver value to the customer market spaces
- The impact of external markets, customer requirements and continual service improvement on the Service Strategy
- Organisation structures and provider types supporting an IT Value Network
- Defining and managing the relationship between business and IT services and the demand for those services
- Defining customer value creation
- Defining and managing IT financial measures for success
- The strategic benefits of service based costing and recovery
- Conducting strategic assessments and dealing with market uncertainty
- A practical approach to creating a Service Management strategy
- Review of Service Strategy processes, and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Strategy Management for IT Services
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
- How to measure Service Strategy and create return on investment
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, and any IT professional involved in the management of service strategy.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL V3 or 2011 edition Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Strategy. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017
Who should do ITIL Certification
June 6, 2017