ITIL® Capability: Planning Protection & Optimisation
This Intermediate level course is part of the ITIL® certification program. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation. In addition, this certification contributes 4 credits towards the “ITIL Expert” certification. See the ITIL certification scheme for more details.
This official ITIL capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL processes needed to create a stable IT infrastructure that business can rely on. It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Capacity Management: Ensures cost justifiable IT capacity always exists and is matched to the needs of the business
- Availability Management: Ensures the level of service availability is matched to, or exceeds, the needs of the business
- IT Service Continuity Management: Supports the overall Business Continuity Management process, ensuring that required IT technical and service facilities can be resumed within agreed timescales
- Information Security Management: Part of the overall corporate governance framework this process ensures that IT and business security are aligned
- Demand Management: Identifies patterns of business activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- How the Risk Management processes work in the context of these processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for the key processes
- Important considerations for continual improvement of these processes
Capacity Managers, Availability Managers, IT Service Continuity Managers, Disaster Recovery managers, IT Security Managers, IT Risk Managers, and any IT professional involved with the processes described above.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Planning, Protection & Optimisation.A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course (if purchased). It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- 4 ITIL credits
- You will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
SIAM Advisory and Assistance
April 13, 2018
Temporary Placement Service – ‘Gap Peer’
February 7, 2018
Pink18 – IT Service Management Conference
November 16, 2017
TIH Service Catalogue 2017
August 17, 2017
The ‘How’ Of ITIL
July 18, 2017
Critical Success Factors for DevOps
June 1, 2017
How DevOps Can Redefine Your IT Strategy
June 20, 2017
What Is Big Data?
June 13, 2017