Adopting Service Transition, a key phase of ITIL®’s Service Lifecycle model, can enable improvements to services and Service Management capability by ensuring that the introduction, deployment, transfer and decommissioning of new or changed services is consistently well managed.
Successful Service Transition depends on an effective understanding and application of Change Management, quality assurance and risk management, as well as effective program and project management. This makes it possible, at every stage through the Service Transition process, to plan, monitor and confirm progress against current business requirements, not just for one service but across all services in transition. Service Transition does not end abruptly when a new or changed service goes live; rather, it works with Service Operation to deliver early life support.
Building on general principles covered in the ITIL Foundation level, this Lifecycle course provides critical learning points for IT staff looking to acquire practical knowledge of ITIL terminology, organizational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to Service Transition.
This course fully prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Lifecycle Certificate: Service Transition. The course material and associated exam is based on industry practices in Service Management and strategy as documented in the ITIL Service Transition book.
- Pink Elephant Online Course Material
- ITIL Lifecycle: Service Transition Examination
- A complimentary exam resit if required
- ITIL Service Transition Official Publication
- ITIL Wall Chart
At course completion:
- Review of Service Transition processes and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Transition Planning and Support
- Knowledge Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Interaction of Service Transition processes with other Service Lifecycle processes Managing communication and commitment
- Managing organizational and stakeholder change
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Transition
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the transition of IT services.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
In addition to taking the course it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study in preparation for the examination, besides the in-class contact hours. The personal study time should be spent reviewing the course syllabus and Service Transition Publication
All ITIL Lifecycle courses come with complimentary access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks for students to download and print, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Course slideshow
- Official ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Access to over 300 additional practice questions
Commercially printed course workbooks can also be provided, at additional cost.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Transition. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 2.5 Continuing Education Units
- You will attain 30 Continuing Professional Education credits
- $2995 including GST