This comprehensive four-day course will provide you with critical knowledge andpractical guidance on the service delivery and support phase within ITIL® Service Lifecycle model, viewed as the “factory” of IT.
Service Operation staff should have in place processes and support tools that provide an end-to-end view of Service Operation and delivery, rather than separate components such as hardware, software applications and networks. This overall view facilitates the detection of any threats or failures to service quality, and must be extended to encompass external aspects of service provision, including, where necessary, shared or interfacing processes and tools.
- Pink Elephant Online Course Material
- ITIL Lifecycle: Service Operation Examination
- A complimentary exam resit if required
- ITIL Service Operation Official Publication
- ITIL Wall Chart
At course completion:
- Review of Service Operation processes and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Review of core Service Operation activities, including:
- Monitoring and Control
- Mainframe Management
- Server Management and Support
- Network Management
- Database Management
- Desktop Support
- Internet/Web Management
- Facilities and Datacenter Management
- Interaction of Service Operation processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Mapping of Service Operation functions to roles, responsibilities and activities
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Operation
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in day-to-day IT operations.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
In addition to taking the course it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study in preparation for the examination, besides the in-class contact hours. The personal study time should be spent reviewing the course syllabus and the Service Operation Publication.
All ITIL Lifecycle courses come with complimentary access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks for students to download and print, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Course slideshow
- Official ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Access to over 300 additional practice questions
Commercially printed course workbooks can also be provided, at additional cost.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Lifecycle Certificate: Service Operation. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 2.5 Continuing Education Units
- You will attain 30 Continuing Professional Education credits
- $2995 including GST