This comprehensive four-day course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance regarding the management principals and core concepts required to design new or modify existing IT services. The ITIL® Service Design publication focuses on the holistic design requirements related to people, process, technology and governance needed to convert strategic objectives into value focused IT service portfolios.
The scope of Service Design is not limited to new services. It includes the changes and improvements necessary to increase or maintain value to customers over the lifecycle of services, the continuity of services, achievement of service levels, and conformance to standards and regulations. It guides organisations on how to develop design capabilities for service management.
This course also prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Lifecycle Certificate: Service Design.
- Pink Elephant Online Course Material
- ITIL Lifecycle: Service Design Examination
- A complimentary exam resit if required
- ITIL Service Design Official Publication
- ITIL Wall Chart
At course completion:
- The relationship between business value and service design
- The principles of balanced service design (functionality, resources, schedule)
- How to identify meaningful service requirements
- The relationship between service, application, infrastructure and data architectures
- The key roles and organizational capabilities of service design
- The relationship of design constraints to service utility and warranty
- The advantages and disadvantages of various strategic sourcing and delivery models (insourcing, outsourcing, co-sourcing, etc.)
- Review of Service Design processes, and their associated policies, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Interaction of Service Design processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Design
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the design of IT services.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations course. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
All ITIL Lifecycle courses come with complimentary access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks for students to download and print, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Course slideshow
- Official ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Access to over 300 additional practice questions
Commercially printed course workbooks can also be provided, at additional cost.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Lifecycle Certificate: Service Design. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- You will attain 3 ITIL credits
- You will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 2.5 Continuing Education Units
- You will attain 30 Continuing Professional Education credits
- $2995 including GST