ITIL® Foundation Course & Exam
ITIL® Foundation Course Overview
The ITIL Foundation Course is the first step for anyone beginning to learn about ITIL and how it can benefit their organisation.
The ITIL Foundation Certification is a two day course that introduces the key concepts, definitions and objectives of ITIL and how ITIL processes can improve IT operations. The ITSM HUB offers the ITIL Foundations course through both onsite and flexible online study options, with regular ITIL Foundation courses available in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. The ITIL Foundations course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the ITIL certification scheme.
You’ll be learning from our experts who have years of real-world experience working with organisations to implement ITIL processes and realise the benefits available.
ITIL Foundation Course Inclusions
- Pink Elephant Course Workbook
- ITIL Foundation Examination
- A complimentary exam resit if required
- ITIL Foundation Handbook: Pocketbook from the Official Publisher of ITIL
- ITIL Wall Chart
ITIL Foundation Course Objectives
After completing this course, students will be able to discuss:
- ITIL’s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL’s service-driven lifecycle approach and the five key stages of this model
- Structure, components and processes of the five core ITIL books
- For each of the five core books in the service lifecycle:
- High level description of the main activities, goals, benefits, challenges and management reporting for the respective processes
- Outline of relationships between the ITIL processes
- Overview of ITIL certifications: Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced
- How ITIL processes can improve IT operations
Course Target Audience
ITIL Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework. The ITIL Foundation Certification is also suitable for individuals who are ITIL V2 certified and wish to upgrade their knowledge to ITIL V3.
ITIL Foundation Prerequisites
There are no mandatory prerequisites. Work experience in IT Services is recommended. You must achieve a passing mark of 65% to receive your certificate.
18 hours study over the 2 day course is recommended.
All ITIL Foundation courses come with complimentary access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks for students to download and print, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Course slideshow
- Official ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Access to over 300 additional practice questions
Commercially printed course workbooks can also be provided, at additional cost.
Course & Instructor Accreditation
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN), the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), Loyalist Certification Services (LCS) and PEOPLECERT.
Your instructor is a highly experienced member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations worldwide.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. A sample exam is delivered during the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
- You will attain 18 professional development units ( PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 1.8 Continuing Education Units
- $1395 including GST