Planning, Protection & Optimisation
Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO) represents the capability of a set of core ITIL® processes to properly plan for the required availability, capacity, continuity and security of services, while managing the demand for the services and the risks associated with these services.
This course provides critical learning points for IT staff looking to acquire specific knowledge about ITIL terminology, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to PPO. By understanding the implementation considerations for PPO, IT staff will be better equipped to fulfil the design capabilities and competencies required to support the entire Service Lifecycle approach.
- Pink Elephant Online Course Material
- ITIL Capability: Planning Protection & Optimisation Examination
- A complimentary exam resit if required
- ITIL Capability PPO Handbook
- ITIL Wall Chart
On this course you will learn:
- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Capacity Management: Ensures cost justifiable IT capacity always exists and is matched to the needs of the business
- Availability Management: Ensures the level of service availability is matched to, or exceeds, the needs of the business
- IT Service Continuity Management: Supports the overall Business Continuity Management process, ensuring that required IT technical and service facilities can be resumed within agreed timescales
- Information Security Management: Part of the overall corporate governance framework this process ensures that IT and business security are aligned
- Demand Management: Identifies patterns of business activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- How the Risk Management processes works in the context of these processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for the key processes
- Important considerations for continual improvement of these processes
Capacity Managers, Availability Managers, IT Service Continuity Managers, Disaster Recovery managers, IT Security Managers, IT Risk Managers, and any IT professional involved with the processes described above.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2 -V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations.
Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
In addition to taking the course it is recommended that students complete at least 25 hours of personal study in preparation for the examination, besides the in-class contact hours. The personal study time should be spent reviewing the syllabus, the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications, in particular the Service Design publication.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Capability Certificate: Planning, Protection & Optimization. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- 4 ITIL credits
- You will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 3.2 Continuing Education Units
- You will attain 38 Continuing Professional Education credits
- $2995 including GST