Operational, Support & Analysis
Operational Support & Analysis (OSA) represents the capability of a set of core ITIL® processes and functions to effectively support an organisation’s services through day to day IT operations. Specific activities include properly monitoring events; fulfilling requests; granting access rights; and minimizing the adverse effects of incidents and problems.
A sound OSA practice is found in organisations that understand how to leverage these processes and functions, so that they collectively contribute to meeting defined service levels or targets, thus enhancing IT’s role as a value-added business partner.
This course also prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Capability Certificate: Operation Support & Analysis. The course material and associated exam is based on industry practices in Service Management and strategy as documented in the ITIL Service Operation book.
- Pink Elephant Online Course Material
- ITIL Capability: Operational Support & Analysis Examination
- A complimentary exam resit if required
- ITIL Capability OSA Handbook
- ITIL Wall Chart
- How OSA processes and functions bring value to the business in supporting the service lifecycle
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Incident Management: Focuses on restoring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Problem Management: Focuses on the prevention of Problems and the elimination of recurring Incidents
- Request Fulfillment: Manages the fulfillment of requests for services, with a goal of providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity
- Event Management: Focuses on any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Access Management: Grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- In-depth review of these critical related functions:
- IT Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Application Management
- Service Desk
- The impact operational support and analysis has on operational activities and other processes such as Change, Configuration, Release & Deployment, Capacity, Availability, Knowledge, Financial, and IT Service Continuity Management
- Technology and implementation considerations
This course provides critical learning points for IT staff looking to acquire specific knowledge about ITIL terminology, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to OSA. By understanding the implementation considerations for OSA, IT staff will be better equipped to fulfill the operational capabilities and competencies required to support the entire Service Lifecycle approach.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through either the ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus the ITIL V2 -V3 Foundations Bridging Course or the ITIL Foundations. Your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
In addition to taking the course it is recommended that students complete at least 25 hours of personal study in preparation for the examination, besides the in-class contact hours. The personal study time should be spent reviewing the syllabus, the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Operation publication.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Capability Certificate: Operational Support & Analysis. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate
- 4 ITIL credits
- You will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 3.2 Continuing Education Units
- You will attain 38 Continuing Professional Education credits
- $2995 including GST