Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the IAITAM Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional Certification.
Designed to address the numerous issues plaguing professionals in managing hardware assets, the IAITAM Certified Hardware Asset Manager course follows the lifecycle of IT hardware assets beyond the scope of the cradle to grave analogy and discusses the business practices that can best be used to manage those assets efficiently and cost-effectively. Emphasis is placed on identifying the policies that enhance lifecycle management. In general, policies are only effective if developed by a cross-section of the impacted departments, are reviewed frequently to remain current and are consistently communicated and enforced.
This course reviews the primary responsibilities in managing an organisation’s hardware assets and analyzes the in-depth knowledge, operational knowledge and competence required for this area. Focus areas include maintaining the lifecycle, tracking, security, and auditing of technology hardware assets. Attendees will learn how to:
- Design the architecture for an IT hardware asset management program
- Evaluate and apply the requirements of an organisation’s functions areas in the support of the IT hardware asset management program
- Create organisational requirements for the IT hardware asset management program
- Integrate the aspects of hardware asset management with technology auditing practices
- Evaluate IT hardware asset management processes
- Create approaches to improving an IT hardware asset management program
- Create an IT hardware asset management program roadmap and policies
Who Should Attend?
IT Asset Managers and other IT professionals involved with resource budgeting, finance, software licensing, strategic planning and contract management.
There are no prerequisites for this course, but knowledge of contracts and hardware lifecycle management is encouraged.
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares you for the 3 hour IAITAM CHAMP examination. It consists of 100 questions, and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher. You can schedule the exam online up to 28 days after completing the course
- The CHAMP certification is subject to the IAITAM Recertification Program. For more information, visit the IAITAM website
Note: The course manual for this class is protected by the certification provider through the use of Digital Rights Management software. To access this manual students will need to install a 3rd party application on the device of their choosing.
|Pink is Green|